Miss Janet Melville bequeathed the Fairy Fountain and Band Rotunda in memory of her brother Andrew who was Mayor of Maryborough in 1863. The entire structure was imported from Scotland in 1899 after the Hon. A.H. Wilson MLA saw it at the Glasgow Exhibition and acquired it as a suitable memorial. In 1905, the fountain was moved from under the ornate roof of the rotunda to its present site to allow it to be used as a performance area. Local brass bands perform here on the last Sunday of each month.