The Court House was built in 1877 on the site of the former Immigration Barracks. Colonial Architect FDG Stanley designed the building and completed it for the sum of £7345. The slate roof has gone but the cross-braced balustrade of the verandahs remains. The original unlit and unventilated lock-up is located at the rear of the building. Near the lock-up is a former Second World War bomb shelter which now houses MELSA's miniature steam trains.
Cross the street and enter the Parklands by following the path down to the….