Walk Itinerary
Walk Map
About This Walk
41. Mary Ann

Wharf St

The Mary Ann is a replica (built in 1999) of the first steam engine built at John Walker & Co's Union Foundry in Queensland in 1873. It steams through the park along the rail tracks which were laid to service the wharves and Walker's Foundry. These lines are still in use today to transfer the trains built by EDI Rail to the main line at Maryborough West. The Mary Ann operates on Thursdays and the last Sunday of the month.