About This Walk
14. Former Hotel Francis
Kent & Richmond Streets
This is the site of the first hotel built in the new Maryborough Township in 1853, the Maryborough Inn.
The current building erected as a single storey in 1878 was the third hotel to occupy this site. It features attractive veranda's and a fine slat valence.
It was known as the Metropolitan Hotel until 1935 when the name was changed to Hotel Francis.